We have all been battling the Coronavirus for over a year now. Some of us fighting at the frontlines, some doing everything they can to get better & others who’ve been helping their friends & family get through this whilst staying home & keeping up with social distancing.
One thing that has become an overwhelming challenge for those who contract the virus (and the people that help them), is finding the right resources & finding them soon. So we’ve put together a list of resources that can help you out in your time of need. Let’s start with the most important & the most reliable, must-have information:
1. COVID-19 Helpline
If you (or your family member) has tested positive or is showing an increase in symptoms, the first thing you’d want to do is call the Chennai Corporation Helpline. You can use any of the two numbers (044-46122300 or 044-25384520) to get information or help. There is also a pan-India helping for COVID that is 104. In case you’re in dire need of medical attention, you can skip the list & call for an ambulance through 108.
2. COVID-19 Testing
In case you are showing symptoms or have been exposed to a COVID positive person, there’s no need to panic. All you need to do is get tested. And you can do this right at home with various centres offering home testing.
You can go through the list of registered test centres that was released by the corporation of Chennai. – Click here
3. Oxygen Concentrators
Oxygen concentrators are one of the most important resources for COVID-Positive patients who may be experiencing mild to severe difficulties in breathing & showing low saturation. A must for post-recovery too. If your oxygen levels persist below 94, you will need to speak to your physician about it & they may recommend getting an oxygen supply.
There are many options here. Here are two that have been verified :
- Oxygen On Wheels – 9434343430
- O2 For Madras – 9003060282, 63695 85471
- Shanmugha Enterprises – 9842877389
- Oxygen For 7 Days – 7200509870
- Oxygen Rentals – 9840144418 (Rs.100/Per Day)
You can call the number above & they will help source oxygen concentrators for you.
4. Food Supply
One of the lesser focused challenges with home quarantining as a COVID – Positive patient is sourcing food. If you are battling COVID from home & require a meal delivery option,- Click here to find delivery services in your area that will send you home-cooked food so you can focus on recovering & staying healthy.
All you have to do is choose your area & the site will pop up a list of services.
Our top picks are :
- The Goodlife Eatery – 9884504501 Delivering to Nandanam, Adyar, Alwarpet & Mylapore
- Lilly’s Kitchen – 8681026179 – Delivering to Anna Nagar, Aminjikarai, Nungambakkam, Chetpet & Choolaimedu
- Saptagiri Foods –8939335577 Delivering to KK Nagar, Nesapakkam, Ramapuram, Ashok Nagar, Vadapalani
- Covid Food Supply From Chennai Volunteers
For those of us that are eligible to get vaccinated ( anyone above the age of 18 & has not tested positive with COVID in the last 45 days ), there are several vaccination centers across Chennai that you can go to & get your jab.
How do you do this?
- Head to the COWIN Website or the Aarogya Setu App to start the registration process.
- Key in your mobile number & carry out verification through an OTP
- The next thing you’ll need to do is upload your ID proof. You can upload your government-issued photo ID, Aadhaar card, Drivers License & so on.
- Once you have done that, you need to fill in your personal details such as your name, age, gender, DOB & address. This now means that you are officially “registered” for the Vaccine.
- The next thing you need to do is schedule your appointment for the vaccine. You will find a ‘Schedule’ option on the website or app. When you go through the scheduling process, you can also add family members to your appointment. You can add up to 4 people.
- Now you’ll need to find a vaccination center near you. You will need to put in your Pincode & you will find a list of centers, the vaccine in the center & the slots available.
- Choose the slot you are most comfortable with & click on “book”. You should receive confirmation via SMS as well.
That’s It. You’re ready to get vaccinated. You may want to reach the center a couple of minutes before your slot to ensure that things go over smoothly. For women, there have been rumours about the schedule needing to align with your menstrual cycle but you need not worry about this. You can book the earliest slot available & get vaccinated.
You can also use Under45.in to get alerts via The Telegram App when vaccination slots are available in a center near you. Do try this too now!
Remdesivir is one of the most commonly prescribed medications for COVID patients that are experiencing heavy symptoms. With the increase in demand, there have been several distributors who have been taking advantage of the situation & selling it at high rates. The best & the most reliable way to source this medication is through the corporation itself. There had been many distributors, but as of now, the Government has regulated the supply as per demands.
7. Hospital Beds
If you’re looking for a hospital bed due to a surge in symptoms, there are two ways to go about it. There are beds that are available at government hospitals as well as private facilities.
You can find a list of available beds on these sites
- Government Hospitals – https://tncovidbeds.tnega.org
- Private Facilities – https://stopcorona.tn.gov.in/beds.php
8. General Resources
If you’re looking for something outside of this list or you need a few more options, you can check out this site that reads through a live Twitter feed & find the best resources to help you with your issue. You can choose your city, then your concern & you will see the latest resources & contact information right there.
Disclaimer: This Information Is Subject To Change. Please Verify The Same Accordingly.