Image Source: Indianhealthyrecipes
Everyone has a favorite snack they like to munch! But have you heard about falafel? It’s a popular street food hailing from the Middle Eastern Region. A super healthy and protein-packed snack that can be the perfect lockdown bite you have been waiting to try!
Made with chickpeas, herbs, and spices, it’s a deep-fried dish that goes well with Shawarmas, salads, sandwiches, and even in small meals. Your search for a delicious and mouth-watering snack ends here! Without any further ado, let’s get started with this one simply DIY homemade bite.
Cook Time: 20 Min
- 250 gm Chickpeas
- 2 Chopped Onions
- 6 Chopped Parsley
- 4 Chopped Cilantro
- 4 Garlics
- 5 Green Chillies
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Chickpea Flour
- 1 tbsp Baking Soda
- Vegetable Oil
How To Prepare Falafel?
- Soak the dry chickpeas overnight (8-12 hours) in water. The chickpeas would have gone bigger in size and you can drain the water now.
- Mix the chickpeas, parsley, cilantro, onions, pepper and all the spices into a food processor. Grind till it becomes a thick mixture.
- Place the mixture in a bowl along with some chickpea flour and baking soda. Keep stirring till it’s evenly mixed and place it aside with a lid.
- Place the mixture in the refrigerator and cool it for 30-45 mins.
- Make small round balls of the falafel by hand. You can choose any shape you prefer.
- Fry them in oil for 5-7 minutes till golden brown.
- Serve hot with your favorite dip.
What are you waiting for? Unleash the snack monster in you and make this falafel recipe at home. Don’t forget to share your reviews and comments about how tasty it turned out to be.
Looking for some more mouth-watering recipes? Check out more easy DIY recipes on our space right here!